Sunday, February 26, 2012

DIY: Bib Necklace

Ever notice how pricey beaded bib necklaces can be? I've seen some that range from $39 to over a few hundred dollars. Here's a quick DIY to help you get one of your own- on the cheap.

Here's what you'll need:
-Neck applique (I bought mine from Etsy, they sell so many for as cheap as $5!)
-Craft ribbon (I cut two equal strands of scrap leather I had laying around) 
-Sewing needle 
-Thread
-Pair of scissors
-Hot glue gun (optional)


(Click pictures to enlarge.)



Step 1:

Lay your applique out and determine where you're going to place your ribbons.










Step 2:
Using your needle and thread, sew through the applique on each side. I recommend overlapping the stitch at least 3 times, depending on how heavy your applique is.





Step 3:
For added security, use a hot glue gun to go over your stitches.






Step 4: 
Lay your applique out to dry for a few minutes.











Step 5: 
Snip off the excess tulle on the applique, making sure not to cut through threads that attach the beads.







Step 6:
Tie a knot through the ribbon.




Voila. $8 for a bib neckless ain't bad.

4 comments:

Imani said...

wow.. gret job and idea ... I may have to try that

Love the way u rocked it too!!!

Merium said...

Thank you!! <3 Let me know how it goes

saba said...

WOWW amazinggg

Sishi Semet said...

amazing diy! can't wait to try it my self. thank you for sharing.. :)